Paris Square (Cong Truong Cong Xa Paris)
No matter the time of day, Paris Square is a perfect place to relax with a cold drink or a warm meal while the city passes by. Due to its central location in the heart of Saigon’s old city, Paris Square features on just about every city sightseeing tour. For a more comprehensive look at Ho Chi Minh City, choose a tour that includes this part of the French Quarter, as well as Chinatown (Cholon) and either a cruise along the Saigon River or an excursion to the fascinating Cu Chi Tunnels just outside of town.
Things to Know Before You Go
Paris Square is a must-see for first-time visitors.
Bring some local currency in small denominations for a coffee or drink in the square.
Don’t forget your camera; some of Ho Chi Minh City’s most beautiful buildings stand nearby.
How to Get There
Paris Square is located between Nguyen Du and Le Duan near the Central Post Office, Notre Dame, and Reunification Palace. If you’re coming from outside the old city, catch a taxi or moto.
When to Get There
Many visitors find themselves in Paris Square during the day while sightseeing in the French Quarter. It’s also worth coming back at night to see the monuments illuminated after sundown.
The French Connection
It might seem odd to be standing in Paris Square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral while on a trip to Vietnam. During the French colonial era, this was the hub of commerce and administration in French Indochina. The influence is obvious, from the architecture to the local food, which often displays French influences.
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in South Coast
- Saigon Central Post Office
- Vietnam Cookery Center
- Reunification Palace (Independence Palace)
- Saigon Opera House (Opéra de Saïgon)
- Dong Khoi Street (Duong Dong Khoi)
- Ben Thanh Market (Cho Ben Thanh)
- War Remnants Museum (Bao Tang Chung Tich Chien Tranh)
- Saigon Skydeck
- Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Bitexco Financial Tower
- Tao Dan Park
- Pham Ngu Lao Street
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Ho Chi Minh City Cruise Ports
- Cruising the Mekong Delta
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppets
- 3-Days in Ho Chi Minh City: Suggested Itineraries
- Vietnam War Tours
- How to Spend 3 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- Food Lover's Guide to Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam War History Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong River Cruises from Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 2 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Water Puppet Shows in Ho Chi Minh City