The mighty Mekong is Southeast Asia’s longest river and cruising around the canals, waterways, and floating markets of the Mekong Delta—often called the “rice bowl” of Vietnam—offers a startling contrast to the busy urban center of Ho Chi Minh City. Here are your options for Mekong Delta tours.
Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Station
Established in 2006, the Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Station rescues animals from the illegal animal trade in Ho Chi Minh City and the surrounding region in Vietnam. These animals, including gibbon, langur, bears, loris, wildcats, and some rare endangered species, are rehabilitated and returned to the wild. Other species benefiting from these rescue efforts include pangolin, cobras, turtles, and numerous types of birds.
Visitors to the rescue station can head to the multimedia display center to learn about the illegal wildlife trade, hunting, and the efforts being made to protect Vietnam's natural biodiversity. Travelers can also observe some of the animals currently in recovery or rehabilitation from a safe distance. A visit to the center is often combined with a trip to the nearby Cu Chi Tunnels.
Please note Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Station is currently closed indefinitely.
Daily 7:30–11:30am & 1–4:30pm
No. 50, Road No. 15, Ho Chi Minh City, Southern Vietnam, 70000
A visit to the Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Station must be arranged in advnace, as the staff prioritizes animal care. If you'd like to arrange a visit independently, get in touch with the Ho Chi Minh City Forest Protection Department (FPD).
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Station?
What else should I know about attractions in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Bach Dang Wharf (Ben Bach Dang)
- Can Gio Mangrove Biosphere Reserve
- War Remnants Museum (Bao Tang Chung Tich Chien Tranh)
- Saigon Central Post Office
- Paris Square (Cong Truong Cong Xa Paris)
- Reunification Palace (Independence Palace)
- Vietnam Cookery Center
- Saigon Opera House (Opéra de Saïgon)
- Tao Dan Park
- Dong Khoi Street (Duong Dong Khoi)
- Ben Thanh Market (Cho Ben Thanh)
- Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine (Fito Museum)
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Saigon Skydeck
- Cruising the Mekong Delta
- Ho Chi Minh City Water Puppets
- 3-Days in Ho Chi Minh City: Suggested Itineraries
- Vietnam War Tours
- How to Spend 3 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- Food Lover's Guide to Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam War History Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong River Cruises from Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 2 Days in Ho Chi Minh City
- How to Spend 1 Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Water Puppet Shows in Ho Chi Minh City