Top Guatemala City How to Get Around
167 results | All Guatemala City Tours
* A traveler said: "We could not have picked a more beautiful day for our trip, and our tour guide, Miguel, really made it phenomenal with his knowledge and insight. It was just a fantastic visit and opportunity to learn about the Mayan culture and architecture. Very well done!!"
* A traveler said: "Though being a condensed trip, we thought that the structure of the program was very well planned. There was a good combination of drive through and walking parts in the program. Our guide was very knowledgeable and certainly did his best to make sure all our queries were answered. Overall we rate it A+"
* A traveler said: "I really enjoyed being with my guide, who was cheerful and friendly. The tour was a fun and educational one, and I learned many new things about the city. We had an enjoyable stop in a cafe and bakery, a beautiful stop for a panoramic view, and a stroll down a lively pedestrian street."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic thanks !....great tour......really interesting. Saw all the main sights with great guide Fernando Montenegro. Could not be more impressive. Great service and we also saw Flores which is beautiful."
* A traveler said: "The town we visited was colorful and beautiful. The lake was breath-taking and huge. Our tour guide was flexible to our needs and desire."
* A traveler said: "It's a really great experience to have if you ever visit Guatemala. My guide Davis was exceptional in showing me Pacaya Volcano and its surroundings."
* A traveler said: "We mainly visited one large site and the market, the sight however, was beautiful. The guide was informative and flexible with our needs."
* A traveler said: "My trip was well worth the money. Great experience and even more of an amazing tour guide. If you are big into religion this is the trip for you."
* A traveler said: "Alfredo was great. Learned so much about the beautiful culture of Antigua and the city of Guatemala ! Worth it and get pick up at your hotel"
* A traveler said: "This was such a great tour.. I recommend this tour for everyone. The tour company Maya World Tours is a great company very helpful staff.My tour guide Hector he was such a great person. Loving, caring, and very helpful thought my trip in Antigua. If you are in Guatemala I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "It was a great trip and we thoroughly enjoyed the company of our guide David. He was extremely patient and answered every question we had. Highly recommend this service for people with limited time."
* A traveler said: "Gustavo, our guide was fantastic! He showed us great sights from Antigua to Tikal. He was always thoughtful about finding us decent restrooms during the driving. The hotels we staying in were absolutely beautiful with great included breakfasts. We saw so much of Guatemala. This tour was great!"
* A traveler said: "The tour was great and our guide was very knowledgeable about the site and the culture of Tikal. It was a wonderful day trip highlighting the most important temples. Be ready to hike all day!"
* A traveler said: "Enjoyed a taste of the Qu'iche Mayan culture... cool market and really liked seeing the Mayan rituals being observed within the Catholic church building."
* A traveler said: "The day trip was amazing! Ruben was very knowledgeable as we ate traditional dishes, visited several great towns and had an amazing, detailed boat ride and visit to Lake Atitlan. I highly recommend the tour with Ruben and Carlos!!"
* A traveler said: "Great trip! Our guide had a wealth of knowledge. I would highly recommend this tour. The city was stunning."
* A traveler said: "This tour was awesome!!! My guide, Pedro, was so nice and answered all my questions! Hiking up the volcano was truly an experience like no other! The views were breathtaking and the scenery was beautiful! I highly recommend this tour!!!"
* A traveler said: "Overall great tour. The tour guide/driver picked us up on time. In Antigua we visited the main site, and the tour guide/driver was informative. The other people in my group and I thought that lunch, even though it was in a beautiful restuarant, was too long (one hour). We were finished in about 40 minutes and were ready to get going. Also, beware of the jade factory. I found cheaper jade jewelry (store was able to provide certificate) at another store in Guatemala City. Do your research first before buying jewelry."
* A traveler said: "This is an amazing tour of downtown and the guide was absolutely perfect. He was so attentive and helpful as we were getting coffee and pastries"
* A traveler said: "Guatemala City is very under-rated as a place to see. It would be difficult to navigate this city and see all the sights the city has to offer (and which are horribly under-publicized) without a professional guide. The most important and interesting sights (the anthropology museum, the Relief Map, Kaminal Juyu) are scattered all over the city. Esteban was an excellent guide (and an excellent driver, although, by Latin American standards, Guatemala City would not be a particularly scary place in which to drive). Esteban did an excellent job of improvising and adjusting as the government has closed a few, very important sights (such as the anthropology museum) suddenly, without notice"
* A traveler said: "Everything went according to plan. I'm glad I did Yaxha. Whereas Tikal is covered with tourists, I almost had Yaxha to myself. Guides were very knowledgeable and I learned alot about the civilization and architecture."
* A traveler said: "We had Andrew for a guide. He was able to converse in Spanish and English which was necessary for our group. We visited the Chichicastenango market for an hour plus or minus my guess - it was so interesting that I didn't keep track of the time. Andrew told us about the history of the market and the two churches near the market - very knowledgeable. Gave us time to look and negotiate with the vendors. We had a late lunch at the Lake and had the option to walk down to the lake. On the way back, we took a quick drive through Panajachel. The driver, Jose, had excellent driving skills which were necessary on the InterAmerican Highway. We saw lots of villages and Andrew always had an answer to our questions.About 6 hours total driving time from Antigua and probably a couple more from Guatemala City. The total time for our trip was about 10 hours from Antigua to Antigua."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Air Tours
- Bike Tours
- Bus Tours
- Car Tours
- Helicopter Tours
- Luxury Car Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Power Boats
- Walking Tours
- Water Tours
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in León
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Granada
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes