A 3-day stay in Denver allows you to venture into districts beyond downtown for a taste of the city’s diversity, including experiencing the outdoors in any season, from ski resorts to hiking trails. You also have time to visit the Rocky Mountains or Colorado Springs.
Denver’s Downtown Aquarium is more than just a state-of-the-art aquarium with over 500 species of fish and sea animals. It is also an upscale dining and entertainment complex with loads of fun for the whole family. Host to sea otters, a Stingray Reef touch tank, and even a dive tank where you can snorkel or scuba dive with the sharks, the Downtown Aquarium is one of Denver’s most popular family attractions.
Sunday–Thursday 10am–9pm; Friday-Saturday 10am–9:30pm
700 Water Street, Denver, 80211
Several ticket options are available for the Downtown Aquarium including aquarium only, food and drink packages, 4D film experience combo tours, and interactive “Zoologist for a day” tours. Save on admission with the Denver CityPASS, which also includes discounted tickets to other popular Denver area attractions.
Kids won’t want to miss the mermaid shows, the hands-on hermit crab exhibit, and the immersive 4D nature film experience. The aquarium also features storytime for young children, summer camps, and up-close animal encounters A full-service restaurant with floor to ceiling aquarium views and an upscale bar serving tropical cocktails is also available.
Things to know before you go
- The Downtown Aquarium is a fun, family-friendly attraction in downtown Denver.
- Purchase the Aquarium Exhibit Value Ticket, which includes a meal and 4D experience ticket, to save money.
- Arrive early for the Mystic Mermaid shows to ensure a good seat in front of the glass.
- The Downtown Aquarium is both wheelchair and stroller accessible and strollers are available for rent.
How to get there
The Downtown Aquarium is located in northwest Denver close to the Denver Children’s Museum and Elitch Gardens. The aquarium is easily accessed by car via Interstate 25 and downtown Denver; pay parking is available at the museum. Bus 10 stops directly in front of the aquarium.
When to get there
The aquarium exhibits are open seven days a week from morning to evening with extended hours on weeknights. The aquarium restaurant and lounge opens daily mid-morning. Weekends are busiest so visit midweek if you can to avoid the crowds.
Downtown Aquarium Denver Mermaids
Watch mermaids swim amongst the fish during the aquarium’s Under the Sea shows. Divers in mermaid costumes free dive into the tanks and perform a show choreographed to music. This family-friendly, interactive show is performed several times daily during the summer months and on weekends the rest of the year. Children can meet the mermaids out of the water after the show.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Downtown Aquarium?
What else should I know about attractions in Denver?
As well as visiting the Downtown Aquarium, check out these trip ideas to make the most of your visit:
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
- Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo)
- Larimer Square
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Denver Mint
- Denver Civic Center Park
- Denver Art Museum (DAM)
- Colorado State Capitol Building
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Denver City Park
- Denver Botanic Gardens