Interactive Aquarium Cancun
Conveniently located along Boulevard Kukulcán at Plaza La Isla in Cancun’s Hotel Zone, the Cancun Interactive Aquarium offers many exhibits, including various touch tanks where kids and adults can feed stingrays and sea turtles, touch starfish, pet a shark, or even dive into a shark tank inside a safety cage to feed bull sharks. There’s also a dolphin habitat where you can see at show and even swim with the creatures, plus dolphin-focused education and therapy programs.
Things to Know Before You Go
A walk through the aquarium takes roughly 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how much you interact with the exhibits.
The hands-on dolphin experience offers different packages in a range of price points and are designed for couples, groups, and families.
The aquarium offers on-site bathroom facilities, showers, changing areas, towels, and secure lockers.
How to Get There
Located inside La Isla Shopping Mall Cancun in the hotel zone, the Cancun Interactive Aquarium is easily accessible via taxi or rental car from most accommodations in Cancun. For example, from Hotel Riu Cancun at the northern tip, it’s a 6-minute drive. From Playa del Carmen, it’s about an hour drive north along Highway 307.
When to Get There
The Cancun Interactive Aquarium is open every day, but, as with most attractions, weekends and holiday periods are the busiest. To avoid the crowds, aim to visit during a weekday. The marine presentation (which is the only dolphin show in Cancun and Riviera Maya) takes place at 7pm daily, so plan to arrive in the late afternoon or evening if you want to catch the show.
Visit Ventura Park
If you’re looking for more family fun, visit Ventura Park, an amusement park made up of seven worlds including Dolphinaris, Underworld, Grand Prix, Fun World, Aaaahventura, and Wet n' Wild with rides such as waterslides, a wave pool, and a lazy river. Other activities include a roller coaster, ziplines, go-karts, and more. Various packages are available, and all include unlimited food and beverages. The park is open from 10am to 5:30pm and is located about 15 minutes south of the interactive aquarium.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- La Isla Shopping Village
- Cancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
- Cancun Hotel Zone (Avenida Kukulkan)
- Mandala Cancun Nightclub
- Mayan Museum of Cancun (Museo Maya de Cancún)
- Captain Hook Cancun
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)
- El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)
- Mandala Beach Club
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Cancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)
- Palapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)
- Cancun Underwater Museum of Art (Museo Subacuático de Arte)