Danube Palace (Duna Palota)
The best way to experience the Danube Palace is by attending a show. Book ahead to secure tickets to an orchestral or folk performance, and take advantage of package deals that include a show along with other top experiences, such as a Danube cruise or trip to Gellert spa. Inclusive deals, such as the Budapest Card, provide discounted access to a range of attractions, including the Palace, over a time period of your choice.
Things to Know Before You Go
A visit to the Danube Palace is a must for music aficionados and culture vultures.
Book ahead to secure seats that suit your budget.
The concert hall is mostly accessible for wheelchair users, with accessible restrooms and seating on the main level.
How to Get There
Danube Palace is accessible by metro, with three stations within a 10-minute walk. Several local buses also stop on Zrínyi utca. Cruise tours conveniently alight and depart from the nearby Budapest Port.
When to Get There
Christmas concerts, when the Danube Symphony Orchestra often perform festive favorites in addition to popular classics, are especially atmospheric. Otherwise, take advantage of the near year-round folk shows.
See Behind the Scenes
The ornate theater hall isn’t the Palace’s only highlight. Architectural enthusiasts and history buffs can opt for a tour package that includes guided exploration of the venue, in addition to a concert experience, for a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the building’s more exclusive spaces.
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Timisoara
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Belgrade
- Things to do in Cluj-Napoca
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Danube Promenade
- Széchenyi Square (Széchenyi István Tér)
- Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- St. Stephen’s Basilica (Szent István Bazilika)
- Budapest Liberty Square (Szabadság Tér)
- Chain Bridge (Széchenyi Lanchid)
- Vörösmarty Square (Vörösmarty Tér)
- 3D Gallery Budapest
- Vigadó Concert Hall (Pesti Vigadó)
- Andrássy Avenue (Andrássy Út)
- Váci Street (Váci Utca)
- Budapest Danube River
- House of Hungarian Art Nouveau (Magyar Szecesszió Háza)
- Chocolate Museum (Csokoládé Múzeum)