Pasar Candi Kuning (Bedugul Market)
There’s no fee to enter Pasar Candi Kuning, which is a working fruit and vegetable market. Most travelers visit as part of a Bedugul tour, which will probably also stop at Lake Beratan and Pura Ulun Danu Bratan temple. Some private guides can arrange visits to the family farms that supply the produce, providing fascinating insight into life in these cool highlands.
Things to Know Before You Go
Foodies and photographers will adore Pasar Candi Kuning, but always ask permission before photographing sellers or their wares.
At around 5,000 feet (1,500 meters) above sea level, Bedugul can get surprisingly cool, so bring a jacket.
Many orchids on display are from protected species. Even if your home country allows you to bring in flowers, you may face a fine on attempting to take them out of Morocco.
Vendors inflate their prices for tourists. Haggle hard if you want to buy.
How to Get There
Pasar Candi Kuning sits conveniently in the heart of Bedugul, about half a mile (800 meters) from the Bali Botanic Gardens and 1 mile (1.5 kilometers) from Pura Ulun Danu Bratan. Bedugul is in the central highlands, on the main road north to Singaraja. Perama shuttle buses connect it to Kuta, Sanur, and Ubud, as well as Padangbai, Candi Dasa, and Lovina.
When to Get There
Pasar Candi Kuning is open daily from early morning until early evening. It is a very popular tour bus stop. Beat the crowds and enjoy a more authentic experience by arriving as early in the morning as you can.
Bedugul Orchard of Bali
Sitting about 5,000 feet (1,500 meters) above sea level, Bedugul has a very different climate from much of the rest of Bali. This makes it Bali’s farming heartland. Besides the strawberries for which the area is known, crops include grapes, carrots, cabbages, onions, and corn. You can buy all of these plus a selection of seasonal tropical fruit at Pasar Candi Kuning.
- Things to do in Ubud
- Things to do in Kuta
- Things to do in Seminyak
- Things to do in Nusa Dua
- Things to do in Jimbaran
- Things to do in East Java
- Things to do in West Java
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Banyuwangi
- Things to do in Jakarta
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Western Australia
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Palawan
- Ulun Danu Beratan Temple (Pura Ulun Danu Bratan)
- Gitgit Waterfalls (Air Terjun Gitgit)
- Batukaru Temple (Pura Luhur Batukaru)
- Lake Beratan (Danau Bratan)
- Aling-Aling Waterfalls (Air Terjun Aling-Aling)
- Sekumpul Waterfall (Air Terjun Sekumpul)
- Tirta Gangga Water Garden (Taman Tirtagangga)
- Mt. Batukaru (Gunung Batukaru)
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace (Sawah Terasering Tegalalang)
- Bali Butterfly Park (Taman Kupu-Kupu Bali)
- Tirta Empul Temple (Pura Tirta Empul)