Kangaroo Sanctuary Tours and Tickets
The Kangaroo Sanctuary in Alice Springs shot to fame in 2013 when the TV series Kangaroo Dundee aired in England. Showing the daily life of sanctuary owner Chris “Brolga” Barnes, the series depicted the ins and outs of running a wildlife sanctuary and rescue center for baby kangaroos.
The site was founded in 2005 before expanding from a small rescue center to also include a wildlife sanctuary four years later. More expansion is expected, and Central Australia’s first wildlife hospital is currently being built on the site. Covering 90 hectares, the sanctuary is home to more than 25 kangaroos.
On a guided sunset tour of the Kangaroo Sanctuary, visitors can get up close to an Australian icon, the red kangaroo. Travelers walk the grounds and meet many kangaroos while learning about their care.
Tours and Activities to Experience Kangaroo Sanctuary
- Olive Pink Botanic Garden
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum)
- Alice Springs Reptile Centre
- Anzac Hill
- Alice Springs School of the Air Visitor Centre
- Finke Gorge National Park
- Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve
- Alice Springs Desert Park
- Simpsons Gap
- Larapinta Trail
- Mt. Gillen
- Mbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum (Mbantua Aboriginal Art Gallery)
- MacDonnell Ranges
- Standley Chasm (Angkerle Atwatye)
- Hermannsburg (Ntaria)